- Face coverings will be required in all indoor spaces, in the lift line and on our Mountain Bus. This will go for our Team as well as our guests.
- Contact tracing will be taking place in the form of self-manned booths at each lift. Employees will be reminding guests and ensuring that they have signed in.
- We will not be implementing any reservation system or limiting day ticket sales at this time.
- We are asking everyone to respect social distancing guidelines, inside and out.
- There will be reduced capacity in all indoor spaces i.e. the Lodge, Rental Shop and Guest Services
- Guests will be loaded on the lifts in their bubbles. Single riders will be allowed on all lifts.
- Please follow the social distancing guidelines for the lift lines.
- We have created safety plans, policies and procedures for each department.
- We are highly encouraging a “cashless” experience. Credit/debit and gift cards are preferred.
- We are highly encouraging our guests to pre-book and pre-pay for any lessons or rentals, to reduce the amount of time spent inside
- Rentals will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- In order to encourage the use of private lessons, the price will be reduced
- We will still be offering our group lessons, however capacity will be reduced.
- More specifics on Snow School lessons are still being determined, taking into account safety considerations
- Whisky Jacks, Coyote Café and the BackDoor will be open for our guests, with reduced capacity, safety plans and procedures and social distancing measures in place.
- Employees will receive proper training on the new protocols and procedures as well as general hygiene practices
- High touch surfaces and restrooms will be frequently cleaned and disinfected
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the resort
- Please read and follow the direction of all signage
Q: Will you be open for the 2020/21 season?
A: We fully intend to open for the coming season and will/are making every effort to do so. Our Opening Day is scheduled for December 4th and Closing Day is scheduled for April 11th, 2021
Q: Will I be required to wear a face covering?
A: Yes, face coverings will be required in all indoor facilities, in the lift lines and while in Snow School lessons
Q: Do I need to pre-book or reserve my ski days?
A: We are not implementing any reservation system at this time
Q: What will lodge capacity be?
A: To accommodate government guidelines, there will be reduced capacity in all indoor spaces, please plan accordingly. There will also be a time limit on seating in Whisky Jack’s and tables in the café will be wrapped to show they are not available.
Q: Can I load the lift as a single?
A: Yes. Guests will be loaded in their “bubbles” or as a single rider if they arrived that way.
Q: Will rental equipment be cleaned after each use?
A: Yes. Rental equipment will be thoroughly sanitized after each use, and the whole building will be sanitized and cleaned throughout the day.
Q: Can I still rent equipment on the day of?
A: There will be gear available for rent on the day of your visit, however we are highly encouraging our guests to pre-book their gear. We have a new fill-able form on our website (just fill it in and email it) to make this process easier.
Q: Will you still be offering Snow School lessons?
A: Yes, we will still offer lessons. However we are encouraging guests to book private or “bubble” lessons and we highly suggest that you pre-book the lesson.
Q: How will you make sure that your staff know all the new policies and protocols?
A: Staff will be trained extensively on all the new policies and protocols, and regular site visits will ensure that everyone (guests as well as staff) are abiding by the rules.
Q: Will lift lines look different?
A: Yes, we will be encouraging physical distancing by reworking how our lift mazes are set. Please respect all signage.
Q: How will I know what changes are being implemented?
A: We have information on our website, as well as safety signage around the entire mountain or ask any helpful Team Member
Q: Can I still pay with cash?
A: HBMR will still be accepting cash, however we are encouraging a “cashless experience” – anyone who can pay with a card or gift card is encouraged to do so.
Q: Will parking be restricted?
A: We will not be restricting any parking; however we are asking guests to continue to obey any signage
Q: Will the SMP-RV Mountain Bus still be running
A: Yes we will still be offering the Mountain Shuttle, however it will look different this year. Pick up spots will be reduced and you will have to book your spot on the bus. Face coverings will be required for the entirety of the trip.
Q: Are you offering and COVID-19 pass assurance?
A: If we are unable to open for the entire season due to COVID-19, all passes and products purchased will be deferred to next season. If a closure happens during the season, we will offer a discount on the next season. Amount of discount will depend on when the closure happens and for how long.
Q: How does the early season closure in 2019/20 affect my pass for this year?
A: During our first two sale tiers (Beginning of June to end of September) we offered a 10% renewal discount to our passholders.
Q: Will you still be having events?
A: In keeping with government guidelines, the events you know and love will look a little different this year. Please check our website, call our Downtown Office or see Guest Services for specifics.