Hello Parents, Teachers, Coordinators, and Participants!
Welcome to the Hudson Bay Mountain Resort 2021/2022 School Group Program; where students, teachers and chaperones are given the chance to experience an incredible day of fun and excitement, learning to ski and snowboard with our certified, safe and professional instructors.
Please note the NEW CHANGES, SAFETY PROCEDURES AND PROTOCOLS to the program (explained in the coordinator info booklet) for the 2021/2022 season.
Safety is always our top priority, but now even more so during these unprecedented times. This year some new safety policies, procedures and changes have been put in place to ensure the students, chaperones, other guests and the HBMR team are kept safe. These are included in the attached Coordinator Info, but here is a quick glimpse.
- Face coverings are mandatory for all guests (and team) inside all buildings, washrooms and the lift lines. They will also be mandatory during all lessons.
- Group capacity has been reduced from 100 to 50 max. This was done to facilitate social distancing, keep capacity in the lodge at a reasonable level, ensure students get through the rental fitting process in a timely manner (capacity in the rental shop) and to adhere to the new capacity limit in group lessons.
- We will be implementing enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures of all high touch surfaces
- Rental gear will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Social distancing measures are in effect throughout the whole resort
- There will be reduced capacity in all buildings. We are highly encouraging the staggering of lunch breaks
- There will be reduced capacity in the Rental Shop. Please keep this in mind in the morning and while returning rentals.
- Lesson group size will be a maximum of 5 participants
- Parents/Guardians now the option to opt their child out of lessons, after the first visit. A waiver will be required to opt out, each time. All students are required to take a lesson their visit of the season.
- Currently vaccine passports are not required for access to the Coyote Café, washrooms or locker room.
Please see the information below for pricing.
Our school group lesson program includes four different ability levels; this allows us to better address individual students’ needs and maximize time for fun. These levels are broken down to:
Never Ever – This lesson is for students who have never put on a pair of skis or a snowboard before. They will learn the basics of how to put on their equipment, basic mobility skills, and how to safely use the Little Rascal handle tow lift.
Green – This lesson is geared towards students who have basic mobility skills (can snowplow and stop on skis, or can sideslip and stop on snowboard) and who want to increase that mobility. Skiers will learn how to parallel ski, and snowboarders will learn how to change edges to connect their ‘S turns’. Both aspects may have the opportunity to safely learn how to use the T-bar lift, and may graduate to Green runs or Blue runs.
Blue – Students in this level can parallel ski and turn using both edges of their snowboard. They can confidently use the T-bar lift (Panorama or Prairie), and are looking to solidify their skills through the use of varying terrain and new exercises to challenge their abilities.
Black – This lesson is for students who are confidant in their ability to ski or snowboard various terrain all over the mountain. They will continue to challenge their skills by doing exercises on difficult terrain, and may use the terrain park or steeps and trees to further their learning.
Please read through the material included for information on how to book and organize your day. The Coordinator Package, Group Registration Sheet, Participant’s Take-home Info, and Signup Form are all available to download below.
Prices at a glance:
|Lift, Lesson & Rental||$43||$45|
|Lesson & Lift||$35||$40|
|Lesson & Rental||$30||$30|
Extra Chaperone Pricing
Each school group is entitled to one complimentary Chaperone lift ticket for every 8 students for all grades. All chaperones pay the following for lessons and rentals, and additional chaperones (maximum of 5) pay the following for lift tickets:
Lift Ticket: $30
**Any additional chaperones above the maximum of 5 pay regular price, with a 25% discount.
ELEMENTARY & HIGH SCHOOL School Coordinator Package
ELEMENTARY & HIGH SCHOOL Participant Package
School Group Registration Sheet(for High School & Elementary School)
Participation Sign Up Waiver (for High School & Elementary School)
If you require further information or would like to book your snow day on Hudson Bay Mountain, please email email@example.com